Apple iTunes

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Remember when...

kidsmag
Back before the internets ruined everything
Remember when you went to the News Center and labored over the music magazines to find that one that had 2 sentences under a tiny picture about a band you loved? You bought it and proceeded to cut it up and hang every little piece of paper having anything to do with them all over your room. You listened to that old tape over and over again while working tediously on finding every little caption you could, covering your notebook, folders, and dividers.

When you walked into the aisle and saw the band's name was on the cover of another magazine, you got so excited you couldn't wait to flip through and find what was the single paragraph about their tour that wasn't even coming near you, but that didn't stop you from reading it 3 times.

You know what? I really miss the days of sitting with my the radio in the afternoon when the DJ announced that they would be playing that new song from the upcoming album with my finger on the record button so I didn't miss even the first note. The excitement of what the album was going to be like when I got it, watching the clock at school all day waiting to get out so I could go to the record store on release day, and how I played it to death once I did. I miss my old boom box, back when I actually - yes I'm going to admit to owning and wearing - band t shirts.

I miss being that excited over the potential of new music.

- Kali

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home